Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Reading Lately

I've been reading a bit lately. Love when that happens. Here are three of my recent reads that you need pick up.


You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - Jen Sincero

One of my hobbies is wandering through Barnes and Noble, just to wander. The title of this one clearly jumped out at me. Because I am a badass. This book is AWESOME. 100% you should read this book. It will change your life. Jen makes you feel like you can take on the world and make every single one of your dreams come true. GET. THIS. BOOK. 


The Lost City of Z: A tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon - David Grann
 
Orem, UT = not adventurous. Lost City of Z = adventurous. This is the story of Percy Fawcett, a British surveyor who searched the jungle of Brazil for a mysterious city, Z. He disappears during his search. David Grann tell's Percy's story and adds to it with the story of his own search for Z and Percy Fawcett. Plus this book will be coming to theaters near you soon so you might as well get in the know as soon as possible. 

I, Rigoberta Menchu, an Indian Woman in Guatemala - Rigoberta Menchu

I'm an anthropologist, did you expect to not get a book like this on the list? This is one of the most compelling books that I've ever read. Rigoberta is an indigenous woman from  Guatemala. This book is her story. She details the injustices her people suffered during the Guatemalan Civil War. In 1992, she won the Nobel Peace Prize. She is an amazing lady with a powerful story to tell.

What books are you currently reading? I'm looking for some new suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment