Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

No Time for Days Off

I took the last two weeks of my life off. 

Not literally, (I wish that was the case though, I definintely could've lived without enduring the last two weeks of work) but mentally. 

I stopped doing. I felt defeated. This might have something to do with yet another month of being not pregnant. Or it might have to do with the piles and piles of laundry that somehow accumulated. Might even have to do with my lack of exercise and excess of pizza and burgers for dinner. Or it could just have been a mixture of all the above.

Whatever it was, it was awful. It's my year of adventure, I don't have time to take weeks off. 

So now I'm back. With a new resolve to live each day. To do something that brings joy to my life.  

The older I get, the more I realize that living takes consciencous effort. Children naturally live each moment to the fullest. Being an adult is mundane. Being an adult means paying bills, going to work, and helping your husband apply to grad school. That's why you have to make an effort to do the things you enjoy. 

So here are my goals for the week:
1. Photograph something that makes me happy every day this week. 
2. Meal plan AND actually get the necessary groceries.
3. Get ready for the holidays by adding some fall cheer to our home.
4. Break out the anthropology books!



"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
 - Oscar Wilde


What do you do to make sure you're living your life to the fullest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment