Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Holiday Traditions

Summer is the celestial season. I'm convinced that heaven consists of an endless summer with the occasional summer rainstorm, plenty of fresh fruit, beaches, hammocks, and pina coladas.

Meanwhile back on earth, summer always seems to end (at least here in Utah it does. Las Vegas has that endless summer concept down). The only bright side to summer ending, that I can see, is the upcoming holiday season.


Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. 
Then comes 4 months of pointless snow that makes no sense to me. 


Growing up in Vegas, we didn't have many Fall traditions. Mainly because Fall doesn't exist there, remember?

So the husband and I are starting our new traditions. First, I had to Google (a.k.a. search on Pinterest), "Fall Traditions" and "Fall Bucket List".

Apparently, apple picking is a Fall activity. Who knew?

So last weekend, I put on my boots, grabbed the husband, and drove to Farnesworth Farms.




We LOVED these apples! Perfectly sweet and crispy.


The husband happens to be an expert at apple picking since Oregon acknowledges the existence of Fall. I was grateful to have him along for my first time. We were also able to snag some delicious peaches which I ate long before I realized they would've been even more delicious in a pie. 

We'll definitely be heading back to this place. We were able to get our apples and peaches for just over $2! Such a deal.

Also on our Fall Bucket List this year:




What are your favorite Fall traditions? How do you embrace the holiday season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment