Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

I have a soft spot for veterans. I think it's because I also have a serious soft spot for old people and veterans are usually the most awesome type of old people. 

Troy and I have a family tradition of watching Band of Brothers every summer. We start watching on Memorial Day and then watch an episode a night until it's over. It can be gruesome and vulgar but it helps me remember. 

I hope that we can take a moment today to remember all those who have lost their lives while fighting for the freedoms that we enjoy each day.

While in Hawaii, the husband and I took some time to visit Pearl Harbor. There is such a reverence that exists there. I'm glad we had the opportunity to spend time paying our respects.






"I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".

-Major Richard "Dick" Winters quoting Sargent Raney




No comments:

Post a Comment